Electrophysiological tests are non-invasive tools indispensable in many diagnostic dilemmas.
Being objective and reproducible they have a considerable prognostic role.
The neurophysiology unit of Bostan Diagnostic Center includes tests such as: EMG, EEG, BAEP, SSEP, VEP, ERG, EOG
Indications & Clinical applications of Electromyography (EMG) & Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Myopathic Disorders
- Neuropathic Disorders
- Disorders of Neuromuscular Transmission
- Extraocular muscle tests for synergistic or antagonistic movements to diagnose Duane retraction syndrome or paralytic squint
Indications & Clinical applications of Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Vascular Lesions
- Chronic Headache Syndromes that fail to respond to medical
- Metabolic Disorders
- Head Trauma
- Altered states of consciousness
Indications & Clinical applications of Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potential (BAEP)
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Other Posterior Fossa Tumors
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Demyelinating Disease
- Developmental Disorders
- Metabolic and Degenerative Disorders
- Head Injury
- Cognitive Disorders
Indications & Clinical applications of Somatosensory Evoked Potential (SSEP)
- Disorders of Peripheral Nerves
- Plexus Lesions
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Cervical Spondylotic Radiculopathy and Myelopathy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal Cord Dysfunction
- Brainstem Lesions
- Hemispheric and Thalamic Lesions
Indications & Clinical applications of Visual Evoked Potential (VEP)
- Disorders of Optic Nerve and Chiasma
- Retrochismatic Disorders
Indications & Clinical applications of Electroretinogram (ERG)
- Retinal Dystrophies
- Vascular Disease
- Intraocular Foreign Bodies
- Retinal Detachment
Indications & Clinical applications of Electrooculogram (EOG)
- Detects Retinal Pigment Epithelium dysfunction.
- It is essential in the diagnosis whenever Best’s disease is suspected.
Prior booking is essential for neurophysiology tests. For more information, please click here.
Information about our patients is collected in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons (e.g. Providing care and treatment, managing and planning the center, training and educating staff, research etc.). It is stored on paper and on computerized systems.
Everyone working at the Bostan Diagnostic Eye Center has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. Information will only ever be shared with people who have a genuine need for it (e.g. the medical staff or other professionals from whom you have been receiving care). Please be assured that we will treat your information with the highest degree of confidentiality.